Sometimes we want to block users from making any changes to our important data area but elsewhere within the same worksheet they can make any changes they wish for. By default when we set the protect worksheet, the entire worksheet is being protected. How do we actually make the setting, so that only selected area within the same worksheet cannot be modified?
- Press Ctrl+1 to open up the Format Cells dialog box
- Click on the Protection tab
- Clear the Locked check box
- Open the Format Cells dialog box again
- This time around, check the Locked check box
- Next step is to protect the worksheet
- Type a password to unprotect sheet
- Try to make changes on the selected data area
Now all is being set, users are not allowed to make any changes on the selected data area.
- Siti Suriani